Within the last few years, applications or "apps" have gone from being big software programs on computers to small and downloadable apps on mobile devices. This video explains what caused this evolution and how it is impacting our lives today.
- The big idea of applications and how they work with computers
- The role of "platforms" and how they changed thanks to mobile devices
- The evolution to smaller, cheaper apps that become collectible
- The role of online marketplaces for marketing and distributing apps
- How apps are now becoming a part of browsers, social networks and game systems