This book contains eight chapters. Chapter Two briefly describes the technology that makes electronic commerce possible, while Chapter Three introduces the topic of Web strategy. The major functions of marketing are described in the next five chapters: Promotion (Chapter Four); Promotion and Purchase (Chapter Five); Distribution (Chapter Six); Service (Chapter Seven); and Pricing (Chapter Eight). The final chapter takes a broader, societal perspective and discusses the influence of electronic commerce on society.
1. An Introduction
2. Electronic commerce technology
3. Web strategy: Attracting and retaining visitors
4. Promotion: Integrated Web communications
5. Promotion and purchase: Measuring effectiveness
9. Post-Modernism and the Web: Societal effects